Here's what I'm using these days:
Editor + Terminal + Coding
- VS Code
- Synthwave theme
- Hyper or iTerm depending on the day
- My daily browser is Firefox because its super rad and for debugging I use Firefox Developer Edition or Chrome
- Font of choice for coding: Dank Mono
- CMS of choice: Statamic
- CSS of choice: TailwindCSS
- Vue.js or Nuxt.js or Gridsome (aka Vue across the board)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16GB DDR3 RAM - 500GB SSD HD
- My desk is the Uplift with white legs
- My mech keyboard that I love is a Keychron 2
- My laptop is perfectly positioned via the iLevel Rain Design Stand
- I use the hand mirror app to make sure I'm not totally hideous when I show up at video meetings
- Sipp.app is an amazing little app for grabbing and storing color palettes
- CopyClip is a life saver because it stores the gazillion copies that I do. It will change your workflow.
- Magnet is how I manage all my windows
Apps I couldnt live without
- 1Password is the greatest thing since melted butter.
- ProtonVPN keeps my internet traffic secure, which is super important when on public wifi.
- I organize nearly everything on kanbans via Trello but am worried their Atlassian overlords will kill it
- For dev projects Basecamp Personal is the coolest thing ever
Servers and stuff
- I try to avoid server management as much as I can because it makes my blood boil.
- For WordPress I've loved Flywheel
- For cheap shared hosting and domains with free privacy I've used DreamHost for years without complaint
- Cloudinary makes responsive image hosting super easy because #perfmatters
- Currently I do a lot of mobile photography with my Moment gear
- My DSLR for paid gigs and weddings is a Nikon D750
- DLSR Lenses include:
- 80-200 f/2.8
- 16-35mm f/4
- 50mm f/1.4
- 85mm f/1.8
Yes I'm a huge financial/budget nerd. Lots more coming here soon.